How can I change nameserver info in DH

Hi guys

I recently changed nameserver info of a domain name (not my primary domain name) from godaddy to DH. I am having some problems and I need to change that info back to the original godaddy server. How can I do it? I couldn’t do that thro’ DH’s panel.

Thanks for any help.

Web’s ultimate debate center - www.SharpDebate.com

You change nameserver details via the registrar for your domain. So you would just go to GoDaddy and change the nameservers back to the required details.

If you no longer wish to keep the domain files at DreamHost you can delete the whole site via the Manage Domains panel or you can just leave them as is should you decide to change your domain nameservers back to DreamHost in the future.

Norm

Opinions are my own views and are not the views of DreamHost.
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon only at your own risk.

Thanks Norm. So I just change the nameserver info in Godaddy, and I’ll get back my old files (like the old index.php, etc) as it were before the transfer, right? I don’t need to do anything in DH (as u told, i don’t delete anything now, incase I need to come back to DH)

thanks a lot for this help.
cheers

Providing that the old web files are in the same place that they were before you changed the nameservers to DreamHost.

In theory you could use several hosts and have a different website on each and just keep changing the nameservers to point at each one. You would have to suffer the problems of waiting for propagation each time and the problem with email going to the wrong place until it caught up.

In practice you would probably confuse yourself and not know where you were. Much like me most of the time!

Norm

Opinions are my own views and are not the views of DreamHost.
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon only at your own risk.

Thanks Norm. I changed the DNS in Godaddy, and it is working again …

thanks a lot for the help.
Cheers