Hot to setup different phprcs for each domain/subdomain

I have been able to set up a phprc under the account root.
Note that I am using a php5.3 in a shared hosting account.

I would like to know if it is possible to setup different phprc for each domain or subdomain.

my setup is this:

/home/user/.php/5.3/phprc : for the user root

Is it possible to setup the following?

/home/user/.php/5.3/phprc
/home/user/sampledomain/.php/5.3/phprc :: different settings than root
/home/user/sampleSUBdomain/.php/5.3/phprc :: different settings than root

I have tried but did not work. I did kill the process to reset the settings but did not work.

Do I need to set up a separate php.ini for each domain/subdomain?

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Sandro

Are you looking to have different variables for each domain, or having the same for all the domains? If so, I’d recommend looking at this: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Php.ini#Creating_a_cgi-bin_folder_in_your_Home_directory

That will show you how to make a custom php.ini for a cgi-bin in your user’s home directory, which will affect everything under that user.

You can also look at setting up a custom php.ini for each domain, to have different variables here:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Php.ini#Custom_php.ini_commands_for_a_Single_domain

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks for the reply and links. I had followed them and could not get my setup to work right. I did run into issues with .htaccess and the php.ini file.

Initially, after following the wiki directions I noticed that my setup would revert back to php 5.2 as reported by phpinfo(). So I changed the script wrapper from this: exec /dh/cgi-system/php[color=#FF0000]5[/color].cgi $*
to this: exec /dh/cgi-system/php[color=#32CD32]53[/color].cgi $*

After this change I was able to see the right php version with phpinfo().

Also, I was able to make changes with the php.ini file I copied following the wiki instructions. However, some of the exetensions were not enabled, such as SOAP.

I was not able to get it to work right. therefore I’m reverting to the original configuration with a global phprc file for all sites until I figuire this out.

Sandro.

Move the (sub)domain you want to load soap.so over into it’s own userspace and use the default .phprc method.