Hosting second domain: confused!

Hi. I’ve added a second domain using the ‘manage domain’ panel, and this comes up as ‘fully hosted’. It has been put through the normal registration process some weeks ago. I have uploaded some files to the new subdirectory including index.html. However, when I type in the web address for the new site nothing shows up. I am not sure from the wiki if I have to pay for another hosting plan to do this, or if I am simply not redirecting the url properly.

You don’t need to pay anything. You can host as many domains as you want.

What do you mean by not seeing anything? Is it the directory listing page that you’d see with an empty directory?

If so, the files aren’t being put in the right place.

If you’re sure you put them in the right domain.com folder, be sure it’s under the right user:

/home/someone/example.com
isn’t the same as
/home/someoneelse/example.com

I’m also assuming that if you registered the domain somewhere else, you set the nameservers to:

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

If the domain is pointing to the right place, the files must be in the wrong place.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

what do you see when you type in the web address?
what is the web address?

http://theMezz.com

Thanks for the advice, and sorry to take so long to get back to you. The files were uploaded to a subdirectory /darksidemovies.com rather than /www.darksidemovies.com. It seems to be working fine now.

Advice much appreciated!