Hosting question

Hi,

Like a typical hosting newbie I made the assumption that my business name registration would go through and created my domain name as such. As it turns out, the business name was rejected. I now have a registered business name and have registered a matching domain name.

The question - can I move my hosting package to the new domain and abandon the old domain name without issues and additional charges?

Yep! Just add the newly registered domain name that matches your business name to the system from the Control Panel -> Domains -> Manage Domains screen, and you are good to go.

DreamHost allows you to host unlimited domains on your plan, so you will have no additional hosting charges. :wink:

–rlparker

Oh thank goodness!

Trying to get a business off of the ground in a hurry is a BAD idea. Just thought I’d mention that to anyone that might be thinking of doing just that.

Thank you for the quick reply! I’m assuming I can just let the old domain disappear on its own.

You can do that … and since you have registered it no one else can use it, so that may have some advantage to you from a competitive perspective. :wink:

–rlparker

If you do want to let the old domain expire, remember that you can set it to “let expire” on the “Domains>Registrations” page. The default is set to “ask”.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts