Hosting options

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to not have the possibility of going to http://webmail.domain.com since I’m going to run a commercial site it’s not going to look good if people access a webmail on the domain that I’m not intending to provide to the users of the site.

And also if it’s really a good practice to have mysql.domain.com redirect to phpmyadmin when you’re running a commercial site.

Peter

you can turn webmail off in the panel. Goto Mail -> Webmail edit the domain you want to not have webmail and check the box that says “Disable Webmail altogether?” if you want webmail but want a different name then you can change the name in the same place.

as far as phpmyadmin coming up for mysql.domainame.com, the only thing I can think of is to answer it with another question. What would you rather have to be able to get to phpmyadmin?

this is a tagline you can’t steal

So people being able to access the phpmyadmin login on a commercial site is not a security issue? I don’t have to worry about people trying to hammer mysql.domain.com on my server to hack it eventually?

I’d rather be able to access phpmyadmin just from the DreamHost panel to answer your question.