Hosting .net core 2.1 API

software development

I’ve mostly worked with PHP but I’m testing the waters on building a React application using a .net core 2.1 API. Do any dreamhost plans even support hosting .netcore 2.1 API projects?

I’ve been asking about .NET here for over a decade - I develop with PHP, Java, C#, (and 20 other languages through the decades) - so I’ve always seen value in this. DH has preferred to avoid anything with the name Microsoft attached. I can’t really blame them - they’re sticking to their core competence with Linux, but yes, that now includes .NET.

The easy solution is to use DreamCompute. Install a Linux server of your choice, .NET Core, and anything else you want. For a small config it’s only $6/month and you can do whatever you want in there. You get lots of free disk, you can cancel at any time. I have several DC instances and love them. At some point, when there’s time (ROFLMAO) I’ll also install .NET Core to get up to speed on that.

HTH

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.