Hosting Mutiple Domains

Hello all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have two sites with different domain names to be run off a single hosting plan?

Thanks

Yes, absolutely. You’ll have to register both domains, of course.

[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0=>Max Discount[/color] [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2=>Max - $1.[/color] Being mean doesn’t make you look smarter than him. And bigoted remarks are not appreciated on this forum.

Ah thanks for the quick response Grizzled Vet… :slight_smile:

Right now I have a domain with DreamHost and a site for it, however, just an hour ago I setup a new domain (a “.it” domain which was not registered with DH). According to the DH Wiki I cannot transfer the domain for 62 days, which leave my next question:

How can I have the domain pointed at my DH hosting space and not have it go into the site already in that space? I think that question makes sense…

Thanks again!

In dreamhost’s panel, you add the domain to be fully hosted. At your registrar, you set the nameservers to dreamhost’s:

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0=>Max Discount[/color] [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2=>Max - $1.[/color] Being mean doesn’t make you look smarter than him. And bigoted remarks are not appreciated on this forum.