Hosting already bought domain

Hi, I’d bought just the domain name a while back thru DH itself. I recently bought a hosting service and was provided a domain along with it…now I want to host my previously bought domain on the webspace provided to me…how do I do that…?

If i goto add domain/sub-domain and add the my previously bought domain name (domains to host) …it tells me that it cant add domain as its already in our DNS system.

Did you previously host the domain on DreamHost?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

thnx for replying,
I had previously just bought a domain thru DH and not hosted it. I recently bought a hosting plan off them along with a new domain (which they provide free of cost anyways). Now I wanna host that old domain on the webspace.

It doesn’t seem like you should be running into this problem, but DreamHost prevents domains from being moved between hosting accounts when the destination account is a promo coded or referral account. This is to prevent people moving their hosting to a new promotional account every year and getting hosting for the $22.40 introductory rate forever.

As I said, from how you’ve described your situation, since you’ve never hosted the domain here, this shouldn’t be a problem, but you never can tell. Have you submitted a support ticket?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes