Host subdomains only?

I have a domain where I handle the DNS records through my registrar. I have my MX servers pointed to my mail service and I have some subdomains pointed to a web host. I would prefer to not mess with this too much (in fear of losing mail or something like that), but I am having trouble figuring out how to get DreamHost to host a subdomain for me without using DreamHost’s NS servers.

Is it possible to do this? Or is the only way to host sub.domain.com on DreamHost is to use DreamHost’s NS servers for domain.com? I wouldn’t think they’d have this restriction, but then I wonder about how they’d handle me pointing sub.domain.com to a DreamHost server where two different users have claimed that subdomain…

I think this article may help you out of the situation.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Host_a_subdomain_on_DreamHost_when_DNS_is_controlled_elsewhere

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

That appears to work! I looked around on the wiki, but couldn’t find that. Thanks for the help!

You are welcome!

I am glad I can do something to help.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here