Host name for db

Hi guys!

I’ve just requested a new database (well, a few hours ago), added a user, and now I need to add a host name for the db, for which I would like to use one which is already being used for another db on the same account. When I try to do this I am told that more than one db cannot be associated with the same domain name. From what I have read, this shouldn’t be true. Can you help me out?

Thanks,

A.

And by the way, Jeff, you were helpful, even if not directly - I was not just talking about that one specific thread.

You can have more than one DB associated with the same domain, but not with the same hostname. The hostname (currently) must be unique per-database, as discussed recently on this forum.

PS - “Curious about DreamHost” should be for prospective customers - questions like this should probably go under “General Troubleshooting”.

Thanks will, sorry about placing my post in the wrong place. I’ll be more careful next time.

A.

[quote]Thanks will, sorry about placing my post in the wrong place. I’ll
be more careful next time.

[/quote]

No worries. This isn’t exactly a hard-and-fast rule (not one that I enforce, at least), and we definitely don’t want to discourage people from posting at all. :>

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin