Host blocked in mysql

Hello everyone,

I’m receiving the following error when trying to surf into my site:

dbconn: mysql_connect: Host 'runts.dreamhost.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'I’ve tried both the FLUSH HOSTS command in an SQL window on phpMyAdmin and the command line via telnet… The answer is the following error:

#1227 - Access denied; you need the RELOAD privilege for this operationI’ve already searched the wiki and found nothing about it. In another forum someone has suggested to add the IP address of the web server to the list of “Allowable Hosts” for the database user… but it hasn’t worked either.

So… before opening a support ticket… Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance and regards to everyone.

– Wayfarer

That host address shown, is that the address you are actually connecting to, or just the message received from the server, even though you are connecting to a hostname that was created by you?

Miracle Directory | Get Around The Net

The host shown on the error message is the real hostname of the server where my site is hosted, though i’m using my own domain to access the site.

– Wayfarer

Sounds to me like a job for “DB Admin”. I’d contact support. (grin)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

It’s really strange: after being down for about 3 days it is working again, but I’ve done absolutely nothing since I issued the support ticket. Maybe the mysql server itself does a FLUSH HOSTS automatically? Really strange.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your kind support and specially to Chih from DH Support for his prompt answer.

– Wayfarer