Horde, possible?

apps

I use webmail frequently but dislike squirrellmail quite a lot. I am curious if a horde/imp install is possible on the servers, I checked through some of the pre-requisites and it looks like it might work, but I know I had trouble with this before (I think it was a mail php module or something that caused problems before)

http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=INSTALL.html#prerequisites

I have horde working on my domain. I had to compile a custom PHP and install quite a few PEAR modules, but it does work. Let me know if I can be of any help. I can give some help and I think I kept the source code for everything I had to compile, but I would suggest you try from scratch because configuration gets pretty in depth and it helps to know what is going on. Let me know if you need anything.

Shawn

are you on a dedicated? i’m thinking you’re either on a dedicated or you compile it and run php from inside your home dir?

i shouldn’t need compilation help, if you can just give me the basic idea of what you did to get things running.

I just did all the compiles in my home dir on a shared plan. My configure settings for PHP are shown below, notice you have quite a few libraries to download and compile as well:

The trickiest thing is getting all of the PEAR modules, try them and let me know if yo have a problem with any, I will have to remember what I did for a few.

./configure --prefix=/home/YOURDIR/local --enable-inline-optimization --with-my
sql=/usr --enable-calendar --enable-force-cgi-redirect --with-config-file-path=/
home/YOURDIR/local/etc --enable-trans-sid --with-gd --with-ttf=/usr --with-free
type=/usr --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --with-zlib-dir=/usr --enable
-ftp --with-curl=/home/YOURDIR/local --with-gettext --with-xml --with-mcrypt=/h
ome/YOURDIR/local --with-pear=/home/YOURDIR/local/lib --with-imap=/home/shor08
14/local --with-zlib --with-mcal=/home/YOURDIR/local --with-dom --with-iconv –
with-openssl=/home/YOURDIR/local --with-fileinfo=/home/YOURDIR/local