High mysql response times

Over the last month or two, I have been noticing that any site on my account that uses mysql is getting ridiculously slow.
I have a bunch of domains hosted, I’ve been with dream host for about 3 years, and love it, and have had zero problems so far, but now it’s really affecting my work.
cruxhosting.net is completely static website. loads fine, and is quick (I don’t operate a host anymore, but that’s the only static site I have at the moment). However, any database driven site grinds to a halt. Try tidycms.com and tidycms.info/joomla for database driven sites. I have sugar CRM installed on another site for tracking a project, and the average sql parse time is 2 full seconds, which I think is unacceptable. Is there anything I can do to help speed things up? none of my websites are high traffic (Mostly just personal use, or for one of my university clubs) so I know it’s not network congestion caused by me. I’m only using about 1% of my storage, and 0% (That’s right, 0) of my bandwidth, and my CPU times are VERY low, so I know I’m not exceeding anything.

My web server is avalon, my sql server is ubu
This is getting worse and worse as time goes on, so the sooner we can work something out the better. I really don’t want to have to move all my crap somewhere else.

Thanks in advance,
SIU Carbondale

Have you contacted DreamHost support? Maybe they can move you to another server.
This is just a customer forum so we cannot really do much for you. You really need to contact DreamHost.

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Oh, I thought they checked this :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks a lot, I’ll email them then :slight_smile: