Hiding index pages

My site (domain.com) has an index file in it which stops users from being able to see all files I have within that directory. I have a directory called images (domain.com/images). How do I stop users from being able to see all the contents of that directory without having to add a blank index file into it - are there any permissions I can change anywhere? Thanks in advance, Will

I don’t think there’s a robust way of doing it that way, but you can always convince yourself that the best way to handle this is a redirect/rewrite to the domain root.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

is this with the .htaccess file? and is there a way of using the .htaccess file to rewrite everything which is not found and send it to the root?

Adding

Options -Indexesto an .htaccess file will generate 403 (Forbidden) errors instead of the generated file listings in the current directory and all subdirectories.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

Thanks!