Hiding/Changing Received header

I suspect what I want to do here is not possible, but I figured I’d ask anyway:

With one of the domains I host on DreamHost, I need to be able to send emails while maintaining anonymity. I’m using the mail.mydomain.com SMTP server, connecting through port 587 to get past my ISP (Bell Sympatico) blockages. No problem, and mail is sent as it should.

However, if the recipient expands the header, they can see my Sympatico user name! This obviously gives my identity away, and I really need to keep things on the QT for this project. I’m not spamming, but I will be emailing to journalists, and I want to keep my identity hidden from them for now.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I suppose I could do all my emailing from a public computer, but that’s really not very practical…

You could try the webmail interface here. That should clean up some of the headers.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Webmail

-Scott

Thanks, Scott. As I went to bed last night, I was thinking that might be the answer to my problem.

Squirrelmail isn’t the most robust webmail solution, but I guess it’s the only way to do what I need to do.

Thanks again.

Roundcube is also installed, or if there’s another one you like, you can install that one as well.

-Scott

Ooo… Roundcube looks much better than SquirrelMail! Installation looks like it might be a challenge, but I’ll give 'er a go.

Thanks, Scott. I lurve DreamHost!