Hey, newbie needs your help!

Hi there!

I have just joined the Dreamhost family and I downloaded PhpBB. I went through all the installation okay but now I am stuck at this part:

Warning

Please delete, move or rename the install directory before you use your board. If this directory is still present, only the Administration Control Panel (ACP) will be accessible.

Where can I find my Install Directory and what do I do sequentially pls?

Thanks in advance

well when you log in via ftp you should see some directories. in the yourwebsite.com one there should be an install directory. such as yourwebsite.com/install unless you put phpbb in its own directory of course then it would be yourwebsite.com/phpbb/insttall. either way you simply need to either delete that directory or rename it to something else other than install. in most ftp programs (like filezilla or fireFTP if you happen to use the firefox plugin) you simply need to right click on it and delete or rename it.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. It’s the Directory that I cannot see…can you describe where it is to me pls? It’s not on the panel to the left.

um… ok… did you use the one-click install or something? You will need to actually access your account via ftp. You can use the webftp that dreamhost provides by going to manage domains and clicking on the link under our domain name. you will need your host (usually just your domain name) your username and password assigned for that particular domain. You may want to do some googlefu about FTP or visit the wiki though. I recommend getting a ftp program like FileZilla or if you use firefox you can get the fireftp addon so you can manage your site easier.