Here we go again

Anyone experiencing a delay in receiving email, as well as authenticating with smtp server? I’m on spork, and the mail system is shot to hell… :wink: My sites are down too. I don’t utilize my web presence anyway, email is vital to me, though… I just love these weekly escapades!

See the status page:
https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=status.announce

The filesystem’s readonly due to a hardware failure. They’re fixing it. Its all related would be my guess.

Check the status page and wait for it to be fixed I guess.

Yup. We’re on Spork and our email is down. I sure hope this gets sorted out soon!

Still no word… no email.

@#%@%#

Our email came back around 1:00 pm–pacific.

We’re sending out some new announcements soon. There’s good news and bad news…

The good news is that a fairly small number of users are actually affected. Also, of the sites that are affected, almost all are up, but in read-only mode.

Bad news is that it’s going to take a while longer to copy data elsewhere. Ultimately, our biggest concern is not losing data or having to restore from old backups… even though we have replacement hardware on hand, we feel it’s important to keep the data in a consistent state and get it off the old device.

We’re doing the best we can, and we’re working on some stuff to hopefully progressively restore service as data is migrated.

Since everything is in read-only mode in my directory… whats happening to email?

[edit: nevermind, I see its in the status announcement]

btf