Help with links (iWeb)

Hi there,

Has anyone else using iWeb had trouble with the links they created not working on their site and have any suggestions?

For example, the link buttons I’ve created work perfectly in iWeb, but when I publish everything to the site, some work and some don’t.

Please see urbancupcake.com… note the ones at the top do not work (about us, shop, etc.), while those in the pink and yellow text boxes do work (“Click here”, Contact us “here”, “Mmm”).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dee

The layout appears to rely on using CSS positioning in such a way that the “body” section ends up overlapping the “navigation” section, thus elements in the “navigation” section will never receive mouse events.

Applying relative positioning to “body_layer” appears to be the cause of the problem.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

Oy! Can you explain that in dumb people’s terms? If I knew any better in the first place, I probably wouldn’t be using iWeb, Lol …I mean grrr.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast,
Dee

In rely to:

The layout appears to rely on using CSS positioning in such a way that the “body” section ends up overlapping the “navigation” section, thus elements in the “navigation” section will never receive mouse events.

Applying relative positioning to “body_layer” appears to be the cause of the problem.

Oh, wait a minute! So a little experimentation showed me what you were talking about, basically it appears I was “coloring outside the lines”… Maybe I’ll slowly start comprehending all this techy speak after all.

Now if I can just figure out how to give my “body_layer” lines some height in iWeb, I’ll be golden. Thanks for replying, though I might be back…

Dee

Well in dumb people’s terms its rather wordy. Basically iWeb is treating the web page like graph paper and “3D” where things can be on top or below other things in addition to pre-defined spots and sizes on the page. So if you’re not careful you can end up sticking something on top of something else. When that happens with text, you get letters on top of letters. When that happens with links, you get links that you can’t click on.

The other way to go about web page design is “liquid” and “flow” where as the names imply, thinks slide around each other to help avoid overlapping things that shouldn’t.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7