Help with .htaccess file - stats issue

Hi,

I would really like to get my stats page working again. I am using Concret5. After an upgrade the stats page stopped working.

I was told I could edit the .htaccess file to fix that but I’m a bit of newb and not sure I’m doing it right because I still can’t access my stats.

I am using Filezilla to access the file.

I opened it, edited it and saved it. But it didn’t work.

I am not really sure where the file goes, does it go in the root directory or do I go into where my website files are?

I tried using PS Pad to edit it but it saved it as a .txt file, so I’m not sure if that was right since when I looked at what was on the server it didn’t have .txt extention.

My file looks like this:

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(stats|failed_auth\.html).*$ [NC] RewriteRule . - [L] # -- concrete5 urls start -- RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index.html !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index.php !-f RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php # -- concrete5 urls end --

Any help apprectiated, this seems like a simple thing to do but I just can’t make it work and I’m frustrated with how clueless I am about this.

Thanks,
Julie

Could you please provide some details? Which version of Concret5 are you using now? What is the error message?

Hi Patrick, thanks…

Yes this is my version: 5.6.0.2

This is the error message I get on a concrete5 template page: Page Not Found
No page could be found at this address.

Check Status > Site Statistics here: https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=status.stats just to make sure Stats are still enabled for the domain.