Help with Email Forms

software development

I got a msg from a help desk submission saying my email forms won’t work due to your server policy…

Please either help me alter my perl email form script so it will work… or direct me to a PHP script that will work with your servers.

Otherwise, I’m not going to be able to host my sites here at Dream Host because I MUST provide a way for website visitors to use an email form and actually have the emails come to me without fail.

I like the fact that Dream Host works with Let’s Encrypt but I have to have reliable, working email forms for website visitors to be able to contact us

I’m putting all work on hold until I hear back from you. If I cannot get help from you on this I’ll have no choice but to look elsewhere for hosting which I’d rather not have to do so let me know as soon as possible so I can plan accordingly. Thanks!

Will this work???

@referers = qw(;
@allow_mail_to = qw(;

What about using an email form service such as - ?

Will Dream Host server policy not allow a service like this to work?

@referers = qw(;
@allow_mail_to = qw(;

What if I use my email address that I signed up with (not the same domain where the email form is located) rather than

That’s what I’m testing now… and it’s working.

Please let me know if this will be a long term solution or if this will quit working at some point.

I received this reply from a help desk ticket…

Is the form you’re referring to a contact form on your hosted domain? If
yes, the only policy enforced is that you authenticate your FROM email
address via SMTP. If you’re using a DreamHost hosted-domain email, then
SMTP authentication is not required but still recommended:

I thought I made it clear that I was in fact working on an email form???

Apparently after doing some testing… my email form will in fact send email to the email address I used when signing up for hosting with Dream Host even though that particular email address and it’s domain name is not hosted at Dream Host.

Hopefully this will be OK to do… if I should be concerned that this will quit working at some point in the future, somebody please let me know. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.