Help with EasyFormIt

apps

I purchased a software that helps create forms that tie in to a mySQL database for my website. When I try and install the install.php page on the web I get the following errors, what do I need to do to get this installed???

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=12) state=1 in /usr/local/dh/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 2966

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/dh/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 2966

Thanks…

Chip

I’m kinda glad I code in Perl. Sounds like you’re plagued by a bug due to escaping and string data in PHP. The script file mentioned in the error message is that of DreamHost, so you might want to let support know in case it is a problem in that script file. Though I imagine the script you purchased is probably doing something wrong itself, such as calling stripslashes() unnecessarily or relying on a certain PHP configuration setting. something like that. Kinda hard to tell since you have to pay to see the source.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

I saw this posted on another website.

“My host, DreamHost, disabled allow_url_fopen(), so I can’t get news or get the blacklist updated. Will someone please provide either an update or a patch to fix this? Definitely would be appreciated.”

I guess that could be part of the problem. Any ideas?

[quote]
I saw this posted on another website.

“My host, DreamHost, disabled allow_url_fopen(), so I can’t get news or get the blacklist updated. Will someone please provide either an update or a patch to fix this? Definitely would be appreciated.”

I guess that could be part of the problem. Any ideas?[/quote]
A basic search would have instantly revealed scores of posts on this forum on the subject. A search link exists at the top of every forum page, in case you couldn’t find it. For more information about this topic, please see this Wiki article.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

Try asking the company you bought it from, or contract someone to look into it for you. Without having seen the source or the data its working with, we can only guess ourselves.

I have no clue why it would need the functionality that was disabled; also, the error message is about bad data, not trying to do something that isn’t allowed. Since I don’t have access to the script, I can’t tell you if there is a correlation between the disabled functionality and the bad data error message.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS