Help wit php script

software development

hey there… i need help wit this one php script im trying to install.
the url of where i downloaded the script frm is http://www.scriptsforyou.net/downloadtrakker.php

the script is installed at http://www.djkumash.com/downloads

after i login into the admin area and go to the options page and edit config i get this error.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.mellontoes/lediscjockey/djkumash.com/downloads/options.php on line 189

Needless to say this script has poor error handling. The code causing the problem is:

if($action == "config") { $sql = mysql_query("SELECT path, sname, home, wemail, email_text, redir, from_name, subject FROM $tbl_config"); $r = mysql_fetch_array($sql);So first we are not checking if $sql is valid. Second if it is not valid, we are not consulting the mysql_error() function to see what the problem with the statement was.

Perhaps you should contact the script author and get him to fix that.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

cant contact the author… is there any other way to do this…
im a beginner i dont have much knowledge abt php or mysql…
or better still if u guys know where i can find a script like this.ive tried hotscripts as well as phpresource but cant find a similar script…
im looking for a file mailer script…
im a newbie… i dont have much knowledge of php or mysql…
if the instructions are there properly then i can make it work…
anyways…
im basically looking for a script which will make the visitors on my download page fill out a form wit their name email and then the link of that particular download will be emailed to them…also if there is something like file expiry in the script it would be great(so that one person who gets the link mailed to him cant share it wit a lot of ppl…)…im sure a mysql database would have to be there in order for everything to be secure…
its for my personal website.
im looking for a free script or a gpl license.

thx a lot… cheers…