HELP URGENT! My email got changed, not by me

I’m pretty sure i got all my files backed up before the site went down. I copied all my directories and files to my hard drive through ftp.

I don’t know what was tampered with. I haven’t heard from DH since i was given access to my site on Sunday afternoon.

I don’t want to transfer anything over yet since i don’t really know what’s going on. There are things in the account that i can’t delete or edit - it won’t let me since my IP address doesn’t match what’s in the field.

I’m a novice to this kind of thing so i don’t really want to do anything that might make things worst, not until at least i hear from DH.

I looked everywhere but couldn’t find a button that would let me reset everything back to a certain date. I wish they had this option (and if they do i wish i could find it). All i want to do is reset everything to what it was a few days ago … not a lot to ask for in this life, is it? … at least with web-hosting anyway :frowning:

Just thought i would give a final update.

I finally got a message from DreamHost on Dec 28. They left me high and dry:

“I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you during this Holiday Season. Unfortunately there is no way to reset your account. You will have to manually go through and make any necessary changes.”

They also send me a log of what was changed and touched.

Suffice it to say, I closed my account with them and would discourage anyone from hosting with DreamHost.

I also sent them the following email:

"I contacted DreamHost before any of these changes occurred. The account should have been frozen until the situation was resolved.

"I lost a lot of work. I realize that this is the holiday season, but this is unacceptable.

"I’m even still being charged for parameters that i did not change. Unacceptable is an understatement.

"I will now close my account with DreamHost. I’m sure that getting a refund from your company would be very unlikely. If for some reason your company makes closing my account difficult, consider this email a termination notice.

"If you do feel like refunding me and actually apologizing for what has happened by restoring my account settings and the content, then please contact me by email.

“I’m still considering writing a scathing review of your company.”

DreamHost has some 'splaining to do.

-Scott