Help to set a domain

hi, i’ve just registred a hosting dreamhost and with them i’ve registred a domain, i’ve another domain (under godaddy) which i want to point to dreamhost.
can someone help me please?
under godaddy i’ve set:
nameserver:
NS5.SECURESERVER.NET
NS6.SECURESERVER.NET

and under the total dns control i’ve set:
A (Host)
Host Points To
ns1.dreamhost.com 66.33.206.206
ns2.dreamhost.com 66.201.54.66
ns3.dreamhost.com 66.33.216.216

CNAMES (Aliases)
Host Points To
www www.mydomain.com

is it right? or i’ve to delete that A?

If you want to fully manage the additional (godaddy) domain at dreamhost, you should set the namservers for that domain to:
ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

Then you can fully manage the domain here at DreamHost - host, mail, subdomain, the whole nine yards.

There are other options as well that would enable you to manage the domain at godaddy yet still host at DreamHost, but the method above is the easiest, in my opinion.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I also have domain in godaddy

Just point the dns in total dns control to
ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

then create domain in your dreamhost panel with your site name. It will take hours to days to propagate on the internet. For me I think 2 days before it shows my site.

[color=#00CC00]How to be happy? Use promo code [/color] [color=#CC6600]HAPPY97[/color][color=#00CC00] to get [/color] [color=#CC0000]$97[/color][color=#00CC00] discount during signup![/color] :cool:

That should be in the nameservers section, not the “A records” section. You’re setting DNS to point at Dreamhost so that Dreamhost can respond to that domain.

– Dan