Help to install the script mediaxxx

apps

Hello

I’m having trouble installing this script.

"To run MediaXxx, servers are required to have the following setup:

Apache web server with mod_rewrite enabled.

• MySQL version 4.0 +
  • Access to cgi-bin.
  • GD Library 2 + with freetype support.
  • PHP5 + with the following configuration
  1. safe_mode = off
  2. open_basedir = (no value)
  3. output_buffering = on
  4. register_argc_argv = On
  5. max_execution_time = 1000 (Recommended or higher)
  6. session.gc_maxlifetime = 15000 (Recommended or higher)
  7. upload_max_filesize = 100M (Recommended or higher)
  8. post_max_size = 100M (Recommended or higher)
  9. register_globals = off

I can not move from here!

Does anyone can help me to do these steps?

Thank you.

You’ll need to make edits to a coupla Mplayer source files to weed the bugs out. It’s been awhile since I’ve installed a “complete” video conversion site on DreamHost, but if memory serves me there are glitches in at least libavcodec_x264.c and libx264.c with some frame lines needing changes. Look to the errors when first building to get hints on what you need to fix. If the mediaxxx script performs video conversions using the CLI you’ll have to ensure it’s calling your customised version or it will use DH’s CLI by default. You can do that by editing the script’s converter file (likely a php file) setting up your PATH immediately before the conversion.

Something like…

file setpath:

source setpath [i][converter script continues][/i]If you are comfortable in shell and have enough hours to spare you should be okay. If not you’ll need to get a linux-savvy employee to do it for you or host the script on a webhost that already has the backend software (MPlayer, VorbisTools, Codecs, Flv2tool, etc.) pre-setup.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Thanks.

I chose to pay the setup Mediaxxx. But now I have a problem, I can provide root access to ssh.

I have provided the data that I worked in the “Putty” but they say that this data is not the root ssh access.

"Yes it works for ssh but it is not root ssh access.
Server setups require root ssh access.
All other accounts will not have the privileges to complete the server setup. "

What can I do now?

You can only get “root” access on a PS. It’s not available on a shared hosting account, as it impacts all users on a shared server.

-Scott

So I can not install this script on DreamHost?

What I really want to know is:
Can I buy a service on DreamHost for this script, including these features:

Apache web server with mod_rewrite enabled.

• MySQL version 4.0 +
  • Access to cgi-bin.
  • GD Library 2 + with freetype support.
  • PHP5 + with the following configuration
  1. safe_mode = off
  2. open_basedir = (no value)
  3. output_buffering = on
  4. register_argc_argv = On
  5. max_execution_time = 1000 (Recommended or higher)
  6. session.gc_maxlifetime = 15000 (Recommended or higher)
  7. upload_max_filesize = 100M (Recommended or higher)
  8. post_max_size = 100M (Recommended or higher)
  9. register_globals = off

Or I have to buy another service?

I do not know if you can install this software on DreamHost or not, as this is entirely dependent upon your abilities.

The service you already have with your hosting plan is capable of supporting everything in that list. The problem you are encountering is the need to install some of that software, and configure PHP according to those requirements.

There is absolutely nothing in that list that requires “root” access to install. If someone told you otherwise, they are mistaken.

Others have installed this suite of software on DreamHost shared hosting accounts; it can be done of you have the expertise to do it but, as you have found, it can be less than trivial to do this. Your choices are to persevere and get the things you needed installed as indicated, or move to a service that is already configured in this way.

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

So do not need a PS?

Maybe we should put all these doubts to the technical support team of DH?

I am very confused!

What is certain is that http://www.mediaxxxscript.com/order they say here:

Server Setup
We will install everything required to run MediaXxx on your server. Root SSH access is needed.
Order Now - $ 50

What do you advise me to do?

You do not need a PS, or root access, to install any of the things in that list. That said, those applications are very memory and CPU intensive and, even if you get them all installed, you are unlikely to be satisfied with the performance of the application running on a shared server account.

This kind of thing really demands more resources (PS or dedicated service) to run well. You can’t run YouTube on a $10.00 a month hosting account and have it perform well, even if some company is willing to sell you some software to perform these functions.

The DH support team will either tell you the same thing I did, or simply say, “We do not provide support for the installation/operation of third-party software”, and point you to these forums.

I can’t comment on what the people selling that script say - they are in the business of selling software, while I am in the business of technical support.

You do not have root access with your account, so if they say they require that to do the install then you won’t be able to have them install it for you.

As for my advice, I would never try to run this application on a shared hosting account.

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

“Server root” access isn’t necessary. The guys you’re getting to install just need to setup the environment PATHs to use your userspace rather than the “server root” account.

PATH, LIBRARY_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, TMPDIR, etc.

As has been pointed out, video conversion sites are resource beasties and if your site becomes popular, with many uploaders, you will quickly discover the need to move to a true dedicated server in order to satisfy the resources required to run a popular video conversion site.

Thanks for your help!

What are the characteristics of the server that you advised, to meet the needs of this script. Based on the principle that will have fewer visits in the early days.

Resource requirements:

-Dedicated RAM
-Burstable RAM
-Disk Space
-Bandwidth

Thanks.

It’s very difficult to make estimates on resource requirements. Early on a standard plan would suffice while you develop and test your site. As more and more users become involved you’ll require more resources. The main resource usage imposed on a given server occurs when users upload video and the server then converts them to deliverable content (such as FLV format).