Help!reinstall php script

apps

Hello,
I am having serious issues with my software. I am currently using phpfox program but it wont let me install the videomod plugin and the musicmod pluggin because my upload limit is not set to 100M. I contact dreamhost to see if they could do this upload for me they said they cant because if they do this chage on my server it would affect everyone on my server. They said that instead i should reinstall my phpscript and customize it the way i want!! i have no idea how to do this at all. Phpfox are saying that there is nothing they can do about this either so i am on my own. Please i need help instantly please. Any help is welcome.

This Wiki Article covers the steps you need to install to change the php upload limit. The instructions are considered advanced, so you may have some trouble carrying them out - but that’s what you’d need to do if there’s no way around that limit.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Thankyou so much. For the music i also need to change the upload limit to 15M, do you know how i can do this.

Also regarding the wiki instructions they are a little advanced would you be kind enough to break them down or explain them a little bit to the best of your ability. This would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This guy even PMed me with the same question. I recommend giving him no help at all.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

yeah, I got a PM too. I’m sorry I posted in the first place, when I refreshed he had only posted once.

–Matttail

He must’ve PMed everyone in “Who’s Online” or something.

I am really sorry about this, please would you guys be kind enough not to withdraw your help. Also i am not a guy, i am a female. Thanks.

I am new to this site and i was not aware of this rule, i thought it was like in a chat room format, this wont happen again.

I did not PM everyone who is online, i only sent a PM to you and Mattai because i saw you guys were dreammasters.

Aha! See, people do reward and revere you for your titles! :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Female? That changes everything - you can ask me anything you like :slight_smile:

Thank you.
I wont double post again i am sorry.
here is a sumary of the problem am having.
Hello,
I am having serious issues with my software. I am currently using phpfox program but it wont let me install the videomod plugin and the musicmod pluggin because my upload limit is not set to 100M. I contact dreamhost to see if they could do this upload for me they said they cant because if they do this chage on my server it would affect everyone on my server. They said that instead i should reinstall my phpscript and customize it the way i want!! i have no idea how to do this at all. Phpfox are saying that there is nothing they can do about this either so i am on my own.

I need to reinstall the php script, mattai was kind enough to refer me to a wiki article, but as he stated it is a little advanced, is it possible you could take a look at it and please try to explain a little bit about the article. here is the link,

Thanks

I’m sorry, but if you don’t understand the process from the wiki article, it is unwise for you to attempt it. You can always upload large files with an FTP client.

[quote]because i saw you guys were dreammasters.

[/quote]

They didn’t all get there just by being helpful and answering questions, you know. :smiley:

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_offtopic&Number=77012

Thanks for multi-posting. That really helps to draw attention to important questions of the day. :cool:

Step by step, question and answer, you’ll get there, but nobody says it will be as easy as “simon says.” :wink:

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

I totally agree with scjessy on this.
Also, if your script requires more than 100 megs of RAM (which it sounds like), then it simply won’t work on Dreamhost, as each account is limited to 100megs approximately.
I assume though that the script is just using 100M as the “maximum” amount it could potentially use, so I suppose you’ll probably be okay.

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

It’s been a while, Bob. This place just doesn’t seem quite the same without your veiled personal attacks. I’ve missed you.

I’ll also just chime in here to agree with scjessey, if you don’t understand the instructions in the wiki you probably shouldn’t attempt it. I will say that the commands they give in that article are to be carried about through SSH which you will also find an article on in the wiki.

If you really want this functionality and really want to use DH as your host you might be able to find a willing person on this board who you could pay to do it for you. There’s also a lot of good people here who you could pay to design your site for you as well - and that might really be the best route for you to take. Find a good designer who can do the programming work for you and get things running. …but of course that will cost you some bucks. You’ll have to decided how much it’s worth to you for this functionality and from there.

Also, a note about posting in forums. As with most all forums (except for some rather large ones) generally people read the posts wherever they are posted. That is especially the case with this forum where we average something like 60 posts in a day. Also ranks generally don’t mean anything - a few of us have the title “dream master” (you seem to have left rlparker out of the fun) because of the number of posts we’ve made (including word association :slight_smile: ). The only truly special people here are who’s names appear blue with a small flag after them - those would be the Dreamhost honchos who don’t generally post here.

–Matttail

Hey, I’m special too! My mother always said so, so it must be true!

hmm, special indeed. I’m not sure your mother meant the same thing… :slight_smile:

–Matttail

rofl, kind of walked into that one :slight_smile:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]