Help! New website does not load

I’m in the process of switching hosting for my website, www.stfrancisfarm.org, from GoDaddy to DreamHost.

Yesterday, about 21 hours before the time of this writing, I pointed my DNS (at GoDaddy) to Dreamhost (that seemed to be propagating correctly according to whatsmydns.net) and also published DreamHost pages via Remixer so that they are now listed as Live. Today when I enter my web address in an incognito browser window I see this:

Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description
favicon.gif 17-Mar-2017 09:57 0
favicon.ico 17-Mar-2017 09:57 0

Does this just indicate that the DNS has not finished propagating? Or have I not correctly loaded my web pages? I have looked through the Remixer tutorials but have not found anything explaining clearly how to set the address at which any given page will be found.

I hoped to get this problem addressed through live chat, but keep getting a message saying DH is not online at the moment.

When I published my pages I did not first go to my control panel and click “Remove” under web hosting as the video seems to suggest. I didn’t see this step in your text tutorial. I did follow this instruction from the text tutorial:

“If your hostname is currently set up on the DreamHost panel with existing settings such as a fully hosted site or a redirect, it will give you a warning that you already have hosting settings configured and that Remixer will point your hostname away from the existing settings. To proceed, check the box to confirm you understand this.”

I did check the box. What else do I need to do to make my site live?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In looking at the WHOIS record for your domain, it looks to me like the DNS has propagated. I would suspect its something with Remixer. Usually when there is no content at a domain, Dream host gives you page that says “stfrancisfarm.org is almost here! Upload your website to get started”

Thanks. That’s helpful to know.
Does Remixer have a help forum of its own?
[hr]
Likely it is a Remixer issue. Yesterday when I published my pages to DreamHost Cloud, and then hit View, I saw them in full. Then I transferred them to the stfrancisfarm.org domain. I didn’t recheck them then–maybe I should have; I thought this might not work until DNS propagation was complete. Today when I enter a page in edit mode the full content appears, but when I hit “View” I see the message noted above. I don’t know how to fix this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is Live Chat always unavailable on Wednesdays? I’ve been unable to connect all day.

I am having a lot of issues with Remixer as well. I built my site with it, now I can’t access the panel to maintain it. DreamHost keeps telling me different things: MUST use Google Chrome instead of Safari (tried, and NOPE), for some reason DreamHost Remixer is blocking my IP address (but they won’t tell me WHY or how to fix). JoannaCW, maybe you should have stayed with GoDaddy? :slight_smile: