Help needed

i have a site www.example.com but i have joomla on www.example.com/portal.the site have finished and i want when someone types www.example.com to go to the website and not to the under constructon page.

Would a redirect/rewrite to www.example.com/portal be sufficient or do you want the urls to just say www.example.com?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

There are several ways to approach this, varying from “quick” to “kinda convoluted” depending upon your needs and expertise, and which way is best for you depends on several things:

1. Did you use the one-click installer, and if so, do you need to be able to use the one-click installer to “upgrade” Joomla! later (or will you be upgrading it yourself "manually).

2. As lensman asked: Do you need the Joomla! generated urls to reflect “example.com” as opposed to “example.com/portal”?

3. How comfortable are you working in the *nix shell, and manipulating configuration files?

4. Are you comfortable importing/exporting MySQL database contents?

–rlparker