HELP my website is gone

Hi

My website is ultracleanbelfast.co.uk

It was designed and hosted by a designer who seems to be no longer in business. No email response and phone dead.

Site is hosted via dreamhost.

I own the domain name and have full control.

I have emailed Dreamhost stated all of the above.

How can I get in control of the hosting asap to get my website back up and running.

Regards
Mark Roberts

Did you already get a response back from our DH support yet? If you haven’t yet, you can give me your ticket number and I’ll be happy to look into it for you :slight_smile:

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have a ticket number and as yet no email from DH support.

When I tried to email my designer at his own email address that I had and is on his facebook the following message came back which seems to be from DH. Pasted below. You can email me at mk.roberts@ntlworld.com directly. Thanks. Mark

This is the mail system at host homiemail-mx21.g.dreamhost.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

If you are a current customer of DreamHost, please contact our technical support team here

https://panel.dreamhost.com/support

If you are not a customer please use our contact form at.

http://dreamhost.com/contact

If you do so, please include this email in your support ticket. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

DreamHost Email Support

x12006624@homiemail-mx21.g.dreamhost.com (expanded from
dan@wearecupcake.com): unknown user: “x12006624”

If you’re able to log into the wearecupcake.com user account, you should see the error message and reason you can’t send email.

Hi

I cant log into the wearacupcake account as I dont know the log in details. These guys are the sites designers who have disappeared.

BTW two emails now sent to Dreamhost since Saturday and no reply. How long does it take these guys to respond?

THanks
Mark

I don’t know why I had a brain fart and thought that cupcakes was you… Sorry.

The problem with this one is going to be that they own the hosting, not you, and you (as you noted) aren’t them :frowning: It would be pretty horrible if we just handed this info over to anyone claiming to be the rightful owners. If you had full control, you’d be able to log in. That you can’t means you own (I hope) the domain and can edit your DNS information. So we may be able to transfer the data to do, but I think you’d need a DH account with us to do that. At the very least, you should be able to prove that you own the domain name.

How did you email support?

Emailed support via DH website. Still no response.

The fact that the email I sent to cupcake was returned to me by DH would suggest they know that cupcake are gone. I own the domain.

I would really like DH support to contact me urgently via my own email.

Thanks for your advice.

Mark

Did you get a ticket number when you sent in the email? I looked through the tickets and couldn’t find one that matched your email or domain.