HELP: Issues with FileZilla and Dreamhost

wordpress

I created a blog on WordPress.org and hosted with DreamHost. I downloaded FileZilla but can’t get it to connect. I really don’t know what to do. I was wondering if someone could walk me through the setup? I would really appreciate it. I’ve tried everything. I even turned off the Firewall. By the way, I’m running Vista. Thank you in advance for your help.

Chris Mattix
(Newbie)
mattixcm@gmail.com

There’s a lovely guide in the wiki:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/FileZilla_Setup

Just make sure you really have an FTP user, and if you’re going to use SFTP (SSH), make sure that’s also turned on for the user.

If something’s hanging you up after you go through the tutorial, let us know.

-Scott

I followed those steps exactly. It still didn’t work. I’m not sure I have SFTP because Dreamhost says it’s MYSQL.

Here’s what I filled in:
Hostname: realestatetechbytes.com
Username: mattixc
Password: from Dreamhost

Here’s what comes up:
Response: fzSftp started
Command: open "mattixc@realestatetechbytes.com" 22
Command: Trust new Hostkey: Yes
Command: Pass: *******
Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Chris Mattix
(Newbie)
mattixcm@gmail.com

Go to the panel for Users -> Manage Users and check your mattixc account. It should be a Shell or SFTP account. Click Edit for your user and make sure.

-Scott

I just did and still got same error. What should go in the Hostname section? I put realestatetechbytes.com. Should it be instead sftp.realestatetechbytes.com?

Chris Mattix
(Newbie)
mattixcm@gmail.com

No, just YOURDOMAIN.com. This wasn’t an Easy one-click install, was it?

For another test, when you go to Users -> Manage Users, click WebFTP next to your name and see if that’ll let you in. Make sure your user has FTP access, first.

-Scott