Help, I'm a newb!

wordpress

I started a wordpress blog a couple of days ago. I wanted to see how some of the other ‘one click install’ programs looked so I deleted it. Now when I try to install a new program, it says that my directory cawdor.mydirtylittlesecret.net is not empty.

I’ve FTP’d in and deleted everything I can see including hidden files. Does anyone know what I might be missing?

Did you delete the actual directory as well as everything in it?

Wordpress still seems installed, because I get a wordpress error message at http://www.mydirtylittlesecret.net/

(And I’m intrigued by your domain name…)

Well, you see, thats the thing. I tried deleting all the files and directories up to the root. Let em see if I understand correctly

The root I would see logging in by ftp is actually
\home\cawdor\mydirtylittlesecret.net\ …correct?

From there, there are absolutey no files or directories. Thats why I can’t understand what I’m missing.

I even tried deleting the mySQL DB from Dreamhost and re-starting with a new name. I still get the same wordpress error page that you saw. Where the hell is that coming from and how do I delete it?

Your root when logging in should be

\home\cawdor\

The document root for your webserver is usually

\home\cawdor\mydirtylittlesecret.net\

Everything under that is whats internet visible.

You aren’t accidently in:

\home\cawdor\mydirtylittlesecret.net\mydirtylittlesecret.net\

are you?

I’m getting more and more confused now. I’m pretty sure I’m not logging into \home\cawdor\mydirtylittlesecret.net\mydirtylittlesecret.net\

I’m logging into whatever the default folder is. It just shows up in my ftp client as \

I decided to try telnet. Now I see a ton of stuff under home\cawdor but I don’t know how to delete any of it nor do I know if I even should.

I’ve got four folders including Maildir,
Logs,
mydirtylittlesecret.net, and
mydirtylittlesecret.net_new_g2data

Don’t delete Maildir and Logs, you need them

cd into ‘mydirtylittlesecret.net

whats in there?

(Alternatively, contact support - or I’m on MSN now, mrherod@hotmail.com )