HELP. i just added a plan

I just added a plan but i cant access the ftp. how long does it take before i can access my ftp to start uploading.

Have you received the email from DreamHost stating that your FTP account is active and giving you login details?

In my case, my FTP account was available almost immediately after my sign-up was approved.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

i have recieved an email that the plan has been added. But i still cant login. is there another email that should come?

When I signed up, I received my account approval, domain registration and FTP user emails within minutes of each other.

Since you say you ‘added’ a plan, I assume you did this through the panel using an existing account.

Are you using a valid FTP username/password when attempting the FTP log-in? This is different to the log-in credentials used for panel log-ins.

You should use the username/password of the machine user that controls the domain you wish to FTP into.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I cant even get to the FTP To login. Can anyone tell me whats goin on. this is rediculous. The plan was activated over 8 hours ago.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Are you using an FTP client or the DreamHost WebFTP ?

As I said in my earlier post, you must use the username/password of the FTP/Machine user that controls the domain you are using.

If you are using an FTP client and trying to log-in directly to your domain (eg: ftp.yourdomain.com), it is possible that the DNS information has not propagated fully yet, at times this can take substantially longer than 8 hours.

Try logging in using the DreamHost WebFTP for now.

Mark