I’ve previously had a rails application up and running on dreamhost using fastcgi, however have just recently performed a “cap deploy” but have had problems:
- I get a long wait period after browsing to the application and finially it returns “Application Error - Rails application failed to start properly”
- No entries in the rails production (or development) logs
- No fastcgi.crash.log entries
- In the /log/http error.log I see "FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "
- If I run dispatch.rb
[skybar]$ ruby dispatch.rb
./…/config/environment.rb:3: uninitialized constant RAILS_ROOT (NameError)
from dispatch.rb:4:in `require’
Can anyone help with some fault finding tips re how to track down whats going wrong?
Note that I have made sure:
- log/temp & dispatch.fcgi are writeable
- have issued “killall -9 ruby”
Thanks in advance