Help for novice

Okay, dreamhosters…

I have two little sites hosted on catalog.com, now webhero…and, try as I might, I can’t get them show me how to merge the two things so that I’m taking advantage of the “multiple domain hosting” feature (supposed to be 25 free). They keep saying I have to pay another $50 for a “hosting club,” but I did one time, didn’t change the problem, and then they wanted to charge me for full for both sites again. I understand here that it’s a sub-directory/sub-domain thing…that’s fine, if I can figure it out, I just don’t want to have to pay full featured hosting for each of these tiny websites, but I don’t want ads, either…

Also, so, what’s the deal with these codes? Why do some of you offer the whole $97 and some $50? Will you be like, side support, or something, if I choose your code???

Finally, I want to do wordpress for these sites, is it really as easy to set up as it sounds?

H…

Here at DreamHost you can host ‘unlimited’ domains or sub-domains under any of their hosting plans. Each domain or sub-domain will have its own separate web directory that you can upload your site files to, so they are basically independent.

The discount offered by the user created promo-codes comes out of the $97 rewards bonus that DreamHost pays the creator of the promo-code for referring a new customer.

The exact discount offered is up to the creator of the code, some choose to offer the full $97, while others (like myself) prefer to offer a $50 discount (or some other amount).

Those that offer $97 receive nothing from the referral, unless the new customer chooses a monthly plan, where the max discount allowed is somewhat less than the full $97. They can also receive referral rewards for secondary referrals.

Edit: I missed your last question.

Yes, Wordpress is offered as a ‘one-click install’ via the admin panel and the process really is simple. You simply fill in a few text fields related to where you would like the application installed and database creation etc, click a button then wait for the email telling you it’s all been done :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

[quote]Also, so, what’s the deal with these codes?

[/quote]

777, 888, 9999. Sometimes you get some even better deals, sponsored by DreamHost.

Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

Thanks to you both for the quick replies. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna try it.

Anonymous2…so, are you saying that 9999 is a working code right now?

Stay warm, wherever you are…

H

The popup on the DreamHost front page says it’s valid for the weekend, so I imagine it is still working. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

[quote]Anonymous2…so, are you saying that 9999 is a working code right now?

[/quote]

Haven’t heard any reports of it not working, since DreamHost announced it (last September?).

[quote]Stay warm…

[/quote]

Another global warming disbeliever? :slight_smile:

Always around 66F near the thermostat, as long as the power stays on. :wink:

Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

They have been very careful with their choices.

I believe that 9999 is the greatest promo code so far.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].