Help! card already in system

I just tried to order a dreamhost hosting package.
I put in my credit card details, with the wrong security code by accident, when I corrected it, it said: CARD ALREADY IN SYSTEM. YOU MUST USE A NEW CARD.

Can this be fixed? When will I be able to order the hosting?

Unfortunately, this sort of thing seems to happen quite a bit.

Yes, it can be fixed, but only DreamHost support can fix it. I suggest you contact them using the contact form linked below and explain the situation, they should be able to remove your card from the system.

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thanks

No problems.

Another possible alternative would be to use your credit-card via the Google Checkout payment option, but I am not sure if you would still obtain the 97 day money-back guarantee if you paid this way, as the guarantee page states that this is for credit-card payments only.

There was some talk of extending the guarantee to Google Checkout payments, but I don’t know if anything came of it.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I think I’ll wait until the credit card details are sorted out, thanks anyway.

No problem, I thought it was worth suggesting, but I have no doubt that DreamHost support will be able to put things right for you. :slight_smile:

Good luck and I hope things get sorted quickly.

Mark

Another question. I remember that the system says payment with paypal is not refundable when I signed up a new plan few weeks ago. Is it refundable if paying by google checkout?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

quote from the post above

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Google Payments are refundable.

Would you be able to tell me when I can expect to be able to order my hosting?

Excellent, thanks for clarifying that Michael.

I guess the guarantee page is in need of a minor update. :slight_smile:

Mark

Problem solved!
I now have my hosting =D

[quote]Problem solved!
I now have my hosting =D[/quote]
Excellent, I hope you enjoy your time here at DreamHost, I think you will. :slight_smile:

A few things are done a little differently here (ie: the panel) and it can be a bit of a culture shock if you are accustomed to something like cPanel, but once you get used to the DreamHost way of doing things, you’ll really appreciate the versatility.

Good luck.

Mark

Yeah I was shocked with the control panel, because I actually am accustomed to Cpanel, and it took a bit of learning.
It seems fine, I’ve gotten a basic site up, and a blog up.
and I’ll be getting it all working soon :smiley:

Is there a reason why paypal payment is not refundable?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

It was very easy to integrate with the Google Payments API. Also Google Payments seems more focused on fraud protection. We integrated our payments with Google Payments in order to offer an alternative to the much loved fax authorization. And also to force Google to buy us: http://blog.dreamhost.com/2006/12/05/i-want-some-of-that-action/

Other payment options are great!

I hope one of the things you have planned is “automagic” “Gmail for Your Domain” for all DH customers. :wink:

Goodbye Spam Assassin, SquirrelMail, and ever having to worry about mail inbox quotas! Ha! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

I read the blog. It is great. Although I’m not the owner of DH, I really appricate the services here. I hope I will already be a “DH Pooh-Bah” when Google buys DH.

Cheers!

if google buys dreamhost they will make the whole thing free, then stick ads on everyones websites :slight_smile:

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

plssssssssssssss, den do something bad to DH so that google wont’ buy it. I dun want any ads on my website. hahaha