Hellllp!

Ok - so I have used cute FTP to upload. I typed in ftp.lawrencebayne.com to upload but this did not work. So then i used the server name i I recieved in my dreamhost welcome email. This worked. I uploaded my site to the directory called lawrencebayne.com
My homepage is saved as index.html
But when I call up the site in my browser, it says Bad Gateway DNS error
I registered my account almost a month ago, so hypothetically the DNS thing should have recieved the info?
I am going bonkers - I just want to get my site up and running!!!
Please help!!
Thanks!

[quote]
I registered my account almost a month ago, so hypothetically the DNS thing should have recieved the info?[/quote]
You need to contact your domain registrar, because it seems that lawrencebayne.com is not registered at all. At least according to VeriSign. Domainitron says it is in the system, but that may be just the fact that you have it tied to your DreamHost account. Until the domain registration is complete, you won’t be able to use the domain.

It just hasn’t updated in that registry…

bogart% whois -h whois.opensrs.net !$
whois -h whois.opensrs.net lawrencebayne.com
Registrant:
Mr Lawrence Olson-Bayne
920 yonge st. #603
toronto, ont m4j2h5
ca

Domain Name: LAWRENCEBAYNE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Olson-Bayne, Mr Lawrence melissagrace@msn.com
920 yonge st. #603
toronto, ont m4j2h5
ca
[…]

I have also signed up 4 days ago, and my domain is still not up. I can upload files to my domain by using WS FTP PRO, but the site is still not up. I put up an index.html page and everything but it wont appear.

It would be helpful if you’d mention what your domain is. :>

www.dragonsoftheweb.com

Did you register this domain, or just set it up on your account? I looked on your account, and I don’t see a registration service.

jazz% whois dragonsoftheweb.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

No match for “DRAGONSOFTHEWEB.COM”.

[/quote]

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

jazz% whois -h whois.opensrs.net dragonsoftheweb.com
Can’t get information on non-local domain DRAGONSOFTHEWEB.COM

go to your web panel domains >>> add domain and type in your domain name (example: lawrencebayne.com) and click on full host, if it tells you you can host it with your plan (select your plan), then you just continue on, if it says its already done, then go back, its registered, you should contact your support.
hope this helps

Thanks! Everything is up and running…have a look.