Heavy CPU usage=Account Suspension/Termination?

Hi All,

I’ve read some posts and I encounter that some account get suspended/terminated possibly because of heavy cpu usage. So, if our site visitors growing and growing… that will automatically cause increasing cpu usage. Will that then cause our account will get terminated/suspended ? Or it just temporarily until we upgrade to a higher plan/dedicated hosting ?

T-T-L
$77 off plus 1 Additional Free Domain For Hosting Lifetime with [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: . See Detail Here

Does this answer?

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/CPU_Minutes_FAQ

-±$-±$-±
[color=#CC0000]$97 Cash Back[/color] [color=#0000CC]JOHNGALT97[/color] ][ [color=#0000CC]JOHNGALT[/color] [color=#CC0000]$96 Cash Back[/color] ($1 for me)

Beyond the FAQ on the wiki (which I’ve quoted here as a link, you should try it, it makes it easier for your readers), you should note that we have seen the occasional person who’s come to the forums complaining because:

1. Their site was being crawled too much (legitimately) causing excess cpu loads. In this case, rather than take the site down DreamHost edited robots.txt temporarily.
  2. Their site was temporarily disabled due to excess use of resources - in these cases, we almost always see someone who hasn’t acted on previous warnings or whose site’s resource utilization interfered with the other sites hosted on that server.

BTW, why is this posted here instead of the General Troubleshooting forum?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Ah… I just know it. That’s why I wonder why there is robots.txt in two of my domains.

1. I find it is not the case that happen with me now (suspension) so I posted it here (Curious About Dreamhost). I’m afraid that someday my account is suspended because of this issue.
  2. Will get more attention from anyone because this forum is also showed in front of dreamhost’s site.

T-T-L
$77 off plus 1 Additional Free Domain For Hosting Lifetime with [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: . See Detail Here

Your preference doesn’t make it a “should” for me. You may prefer and use links with their complexity and ease. I may prefer and use copy/paste with their simplicity and less transmitted information (referers).

-±$-±$-±
[color=#CC0000]$97 Cash Back[/color] [color=#0000CC]JOHNGALT97[/color] ][ [color=#0000CC]JOHNGALT[/color] [color=#CC0000]$96 Cash Back[/color] ($1 for me)

I fail to see what the benefit is of denying dreamhost the referral information between their forums and their wiki, but meh.

I also think that the 5 seconds extra it takes me to type in the url tags around my link is worth the 5 seconds extra for every one of my readers who has to copy/paste or select/copy/new tab/paste/enter.

Anyway, I won’t presume to deny you your preference. I was just making a suggestion in the hopes that you might find it valuable. Since it obviously doesn’t, I won’t comment further. You didn’t have to jump all over me for it, though. I was just trying to be helpful. Sheesh…

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Yeah…John Galt wouldn’t want to pass on a link that, when clicked, might let another website know that the link was clicked from within this forum … right! :wink: .

BTW, referer information won’t really reveal anything that might unmask a sock-puppet, so you don’t really need your tin-foil hat.

It’s really hard to believe you would care about Wikipedia knowing the link came from here.

At any rate, I agree that you should do exactly as you please (there is absolutely no requirement that convenience of others be a consideration at all)!

“Where is John Galt?” :wink:

–rlparker

The CPU minutes FAQ is outdated. They have removed the CPU minutes rule.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

That is very true…uh, thanks for reminding me, I guess? :wink:

–rlparker

rlparker,

I’m not sure you have to do anything. Here’s the first line from the CPU Resources FAQ / CPU Minutes FAQ:

The FAQ continues to be valuable in explaining some of the situation you may find yourself in if you, on a case-by-case basis, have over-utilization issues.

Ah, I got it! Just a little slow tonight, thanks! :wink:

–rlparker