HD-DVD processing key

As you may or may not know, the HD-DVD processing key (which, along with the DVD’s “Volume ID” can decode any HD-DVD and possibly Blu-Ray disks to be viewed anywhere) has been leaked online. After a lot of takedown notices to the places that had the key on their site, a lot blogs out there have posts with the actual key in the post (since it’s only a 16-bit hex code) as a way of “sticking it to the man”. Does DreamHost have any stance on sites hosted on their servers posting this key?

I can’t think of anything to put here that won’t offend somebody

Good Question! :wink: Only the DH Abuse Team could tell you for sure how they would view it. This is a “customer-to-customer” forum and, while DH staffers do occasionally pop in, they rarely post - most of the participants here are customers just like you and I.

That said, I feel safe in saying they would respond to a DMCA take-down notice - other than that I could only guess. There is a “new” resource that answers many question about how DH views and handles abuse issues at Abuse.dreamhost.com; you might find that information interesting or helpful.

That code has clearly “escaped into the wild”, and will never be “recaptured” - you can’t “unfire” a gun. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

It’s pretty much everywhere now!

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

I doubt that will stop the DCMA takedown notices from going out.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options