Having trouble with pending verification

At 11:50 EST today I signed up for the free two week trial and bought my domain. I was charged the $9.95 as they said I would be, but my account is still pending. I received an email from DreamHost saying they were having trouble with my verification. I responded immediately, and I also clicked the button that said they would call me now. The button did nothing and the page didn’t change.

I’m getting kind of frustrated, because I don’t know what the problem is, and I’ve received no human responses. Any ideas or advice? Thank you all!
This is the worst customer service I’ve ever encountered. I am a new customer and I don’t think I want to be a customer anymore. I sent another email, this time simply asking for help canceling my service and refunding my money. I haven’t heard back yet. I really wanted to like DreamHost and was so excited to get everything set up. I just think 5+ hours and never hearing anything is too much. Also, if the call button doesn’t work or isn’t heeded, you should take it down because it is beyond annoying to click it and have it make no difference.

Hello Kate,

I apologize for the frustration, it was not our intent to cause you any. I was able to locate your pending account and I got it sent over to our approvals department. Unfortunately, there are times we need to approve accounts manually and we would ask that you submit a ticket either here http://bit.ly/SlXpjh or by contacting us here http://www.dreamhost.com/contact/ . Our support team got you approved and you’re all set. If you have any more questions or need any further support please do not hesitate to ask us :slight_smile: You can even hit us up on twitter @DreamHostCare

Matt C
DreamHost Staff

Katethegreat, I believe there’s a 97 day money back programme with Dreamhost. So plenty of time if you truly do not like the service. It would be interesting to know what ‘Info’ / ‘Welcome’ goes to new sign-ups – as some good communication (even if it is automatic) goes far to reassure customers. Also there’s clearly a working hours problem, as though a western US corp, web hosting is a global business.

If you want to know about truly awful customer service try dealing with some major telcos!!! Can take weeks to get anything fixed. For the budget web host DreamHost is ideal.