Having a Problem

I ordered an account here, and have already been charged. It’s been two days. Still not a word or email about my account. Has this happened to anyone else? I ordered a big account and payed alot and this is just crazy for taking this long. Just so ya know I did use my Credit Card and the money has been out for almost two days. So does anyone know what’s going on?

It may take 3 business days to process your transaction between banks. Unfortunately, banks don’t work on Saturday and Sunday.

If you submit your transaction on Friday, you may want to wait another one or two days for the approval from DH.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Did you use a credit card directly or did you use one through an intermediary like Google checkout?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Direct Credit Card. No google checkout.

Which plan did you order? It wasn’t a dedicated server, was it?

I haven’t seen any other complaints about slow setups with direct credit-card payments. Michael from DreamHost has said that delays in setup are always due to fraud protection kicking in.

Did you get the order confirmation email? Not the one that said your account was set up but the one that says your order has been placed?

You should also consider contacting sales trhough the following link:
http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

I had got a email receipt, also I sent in a ticket yesterday in my billing center. Still haven’t got an answer. It was just a hosting plan & domain that I ordered.

Hmm. Curious.

I’ve never heard of a problem like this before. How much of your panel works? Can you create a new dreamhosters.com subdomain? Maybe it’s the domain registration that’s holding things up.

If you think it might be a false positive from the fraud protection department - say because of some billing address difference with your credit card, you should shoot abuse@dreamhost.com an email.

BTW, any response to your ticket down in the “Support” area of the panel?

The credit card was declined. This of course puts the account into manual approval mode. You’ll need to contact support and provide lots of documentation now. sorrrrrry!

Think birth certificate and DNA blood sample.

The Credit Card was not declined.

@ Lensman, they haven’t responded to me yet. My whole Web Panel works fine.

Do you mean you can create a temporary dreamhoster’s subdomain and use ftp and everything?

Hmm, ignoring the owner of the company and focusing on working with a fellow customer. yeah that might work.

These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

[quote]These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.
[/quote]
Ha ha ha! That’s the truth! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

…than Simon’s house.

-Scott