Happy Customer = Dropping Disk Stop?

Just read Josh’s blog and it stated there that decreasing disk space and bandwidth quote for new signup stops. And I notice it is indeed stop now.

So, do you guys feel that your sites with DH have better uptime lately ? I feel that it is for me for these couple months.

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

I think uptime is better than disk space.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

I don’t think stopping the drops in disk space and bandwidth will have any meaningful effect at all.

And my sites are as good as ever - neither better nor worse (knock on wood).

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I think it’s called putting an end to the joke. :wink:

If it wasn’t a joke, and they were really trying to cut back… they might have thought to drop the weekly increases after you sign up.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Seiler is right!

I have to agree. I would figure they were saving some space and such as they can handle double the customers as before…

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

If it’s stopped, I think the numbers should be changed to something more rounded, as the current numbers are far too decimal. The current affiliate linking images still state the old “200 GB, 2 TB values” aswell.

Promo Code: [color=#CC0000]FREEZAP[/color] - Save $50 on any plan and gain a free lifetime unique IP! Or… Save $97 on yearly plans with [color=#CC0000]DREAMZAP[/color].

If I remember correctly, the affiliate linking images are still correct if someone uses a promo code during sign-up, when a promo code is used the “reducing quota joke” is bypassed and the new customer receives the 200GT/2TB allotments.

Affordable Web Hosting Reviews | Miracle Directory

That’s true, though I agree with Jewels in that it’s a little unclear to me whether you’d use an affiliate linking image with a promo code because the affiliate link image wouldn’t say anything about the promo code itself. Or do you think it would make sense to use the image for a link that encoded a promo code?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I agree with that. In fact, I think their uptime statistic recently is getting better. And that ‘achievement’ may have to do with the moving of some servers to new data center.

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

After having a think about what I posted, I have to agree with both you and Jewels, the banners would be confusing to someone who is not in the know about Dreamhost’s promo codes, and also using an encoded promo url on the banner is not really ideal either since the image quotes the price which would be different from the banner when using a promo code. I guess Dreamhost should now pick some quotas, and change the banners to match to remove the confusion.

Affordable Web Hosting Reviews | Miracle Directory

Yeah, either that or they could change the quotas for all referred customers regardless of whether they used to promo code or not to the originala 200GB/2TB limits (for the L1 plans that the banners advertise).

People that live in caves probably won’t be signing up for web hosting anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

LOL. But in all seriousness, people clicking on affiliate link ads for DreamHost might be cavemen. (with apologies to John Lehr).