Handling mailing list subs/unsubs

A few questions from a new mailing list admin:

We occasionally collect the emails of interested individuals from a real-world signup sheet (i.e. pen & paper), which I’d like to add to the mailing list. I can turn off the opt-in requirement, add them, and then turn it back in, but it doesn’t seem the best way. Any ideas?

Also, I’d like to be able to email these new signups seperately from the rest of the list to welcome them, which also doesn’t seem straight forward using DH’s mailing list panel tool. I’d like the email to come from the same address as the mailing list. Any suggestions on doing this?

Finally, is there anyway to get notifications of unsubscriptions (particularly, due to bounces)?

Thanks

[quote]I can turn off the opt-in requirement, add them, and then turn it
back in, but it doesn’t seem the best way. Any ideas?

[/quote]

Currently, that’s the only way to do it.

[quote]Also, I’d like to be able to email these new signups seperately
from the rest of the list to welcome them

[/quote]

The closed-loop verification will (hopefully) soon be mandatory, and when we do this, there will probably be some way to add a list and do some sort of confirmation then - my guess is that we’ll allow customers to edit the text of this message to at least some extent (like adding a welcome message).

[quote]Finally, is there anyway to get notifications of unsubscriptions (particularly, due to bounces)?

[/quote]

Not currently (as far as I know). This might be a good feature to add. I’ll post this link to Josh so that he can maybe comment further.

I think will was kind of missing the point of what you wanted to do…

What I’d do to welcome the people who sign up via pen and paper is just use your regular email client, and set your from address to be that of your mailing list (just about all email clients let you specify your from address).

The system already actually notifies you when subscribers are removed due to bouncing! It doesn’t notify you when they unsubscribe regularly though yet. That’s something we could add!

josh!

I would like to see the unsubscribe notification feature added! Not that we haven’t already had you working on that mailing list enough as of late. :slight_smile:

Thanks Josh!

deb

Coming at this over a year after the original post…

I really like it that I get a notification when someone signs up for my mailing list.

It would be really great to get a notification when someone unsubscribes.

Is it possible for you guys to set this up?

Thanks much in advance.