Gzip and ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED error

My site was going extremely slow and gmetrix said that I needed to leverage browser caching and minify css and js. I installed WP minify, WP super cache and something else called GZip Ninja Speed Compression. Now the problem is worse. I am now getting a 330 error code: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED on chrome and mobile devices.

None of my pages are loading on chrome or on mobile devices. Only Safari. I looked around online and people are saying that it could be gzip and to check to see if the site is is being compressed. I tested it using this app: http://www.gidnetwork.com/tools/gzip-test.php
and it says that my pages are being compressed and the file type is g-zip

Other sources are saying I should try to change code within my htaccess to disable mod_deflate for some files? What?! I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some clear advice / steps that I should take. How do I edit the htaccess files? Where to find them?

Thanks ya’ll!

It happens when your HTTP request’s headers claim that the content is gzip encoded, but it isn’t. Turn off gzip encoding setting or make sure the content is in fact encoded.