Groupoffice on dreamhost

software development

I’ve installed groupoffice on my site.
It works as it is and gracefully degrades when certain items aren’t available. However, there are things I want to tweak so it works.

In order to get php error logs, I’ve had to make my own php.cgi and php.ini per the directions on the dreamhost wiki. Fine. It’s working. I now have error logs. Yay!

However, I also want to include a local installs of binaries that groupoffice can make use of.

In the system configuration, it tells you what’s not available:

[quote]Server software: Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2
PHP version: Ok (5.2.6)
MySQL support: Ok
IMAP support: Ok
Iconv support: Ok
File upload support: Ok
Safe mode: Ok
Open base_dir: Ok
Calendar functions: Ok
Memory limit: Ok
Register globals: Ok
Error logging: Ok
libwbxml: Warning: libwbxml2 is not installed. Synchronization will not work!
TAR Compression: Ok
ZIP Compression: Ok
TNEF: Warning: tnef is not installed or not executable. you can’t view winmail.dat attachments in the email module.[/quote]
I’ve downloaded and installed tnef to /home/user/local/bin.
I added /home/user/local/bin to my php.ini file thus:

include_path = ".:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/user/local/bin"However, as you can see, ‘tnef is not installed or not executable.’ Well it is executable, but I know I’ve done something wrong, since my php.ini doesn’t seem to be seeing it. There’s probably another line where I need to include paths to binaries. Hmmm…

Plus the upload max limit is still only 7MB… Hmmm…

Lastly, I’d like to install libwbxml, but the source install files include no configure files.

If anyone has suggestions or tips, I would be grateful.

I figured it out. There was a setting in php.ini that was improperly set. Doh!

Kindly share you knowledge in installing group office in dreamhost.

i am getting the error
libwbxml : Warning: libwbxml2 is not installed. Synchronization will not work!
TNEF : Warning: tnef is not installed or not executable. you can’t view winmail.dat attachments in the email module

How did you compile/install the above.

thanks
vijay

Did you get the solution for this problem. I installed libwbxml module manully from filezilla. Still getting:
libwbxml : Warning: libwbxml2 is not installed. Synchronization will not work!