Great experiences so far, surprised indeed

We just signed up a couple weeks ago, and have been taking our time transferring our site over, making sure to get all of our old scripts, email, etc. setup. Since we run an ecommerce site, we of course are always wary of transferring hosts and minimum downtime is a big concern.

I posted many times on here before signing up with various questions, and they were all answered on here, or by the DH staff - which were helpful and understanding of our specific circumstances, and helped us make some site-specific options work out perfectly for what we needed.

I mainly wanted to post a positive review on here for prospective customers like I was a couple weeks ago. To let you know that things really have been working out and going great so far. I hope this is a sign of things to come, if so, we’ll be extremely happy.

So for everyone that’s on the fence about trying it out, I’d say from our experience - go for it. And no, I’m not going to post an affiliate link on my signature, so I’m not just trying to earn a commission. I’m just a happy customer (and hopefully things will stay that way :slight_smile: )

Anyways, hope everyone has a good holiday. And for the ecommerce sites on here -> a profitable one! I thought this board could use some positive feedback for once, since the majority of posts on support forums are usually only from the people that are having problems.

I’m lurking around the forums because my sites (hosted on Beverly.dreamhost.com) are all currently down.

But I’m not here to complain. I’m very happy with my Dreamhost experience. I’ve been on the CodeMonster plan for over a year, and this is one of the few times I’ve had trouble.

I’ve had sites on the Web since the mid 90s, and I’ve gone through a number of domain-hosting providers. Dreamhost is my favorite for hosting my non-business sites.

I currently use two other providers to host business sites. While they offer better uptime (1 incident for every 2-3 at Dreamhost), I appreciate the attitude here, the helpfulness of everyone I’ve dealt with. I also appreciate the steps DH has taken to make hosting a breeze. I love the fact that I can host as many domains as I want, and have vast amounts of data storage and bandwidth (Currently have 53GB stored here, and that’s only 12% of my total!).

Yes, there will be downtime. If you can’t stand having your site(s) offline for a few hours each year, you should be paying for a 100%-uptime business account.

Did you submit a support ticket?

Beverly seems reachable to me.

Pinging beverly.dreamhost.com [64.111.107.26] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.111.107.26: bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=46
Reply from 64.111.107.26: bytes=32 time=81ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 64.111.107.26:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 69ms, Maximum = 81ms, Average = 72ms

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

as much as I like dreamhost, I have to agree with you here. if your livelihood depends on your websites being up as close to 100% as possible then I dont believe any shared hosting is the best choice.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Remember also that no where really has a 100% uptime. Even those guys that say 99.9+% will have weasel-outs in their contracts.

Wholly

Uptime guarantees usually only refer to the network. Ram? Not part of the network. Hard drive? Nope…

Even Rackspace with their 100% network uptime guarantee still has a 1-hour hardware replacement guarantee period (last time I checked).

I think some people just see the “100%” and think, “Wow… if I host here, I’ll never even have to suffer through a reboot!” :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

And the only thing you get with some 99.9999% guarantee is a refund of some cents for the downtime… it really depends on the webhoster.

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile: