Google Checkout

Hi, I already do have an account with DH and have set it up through payment via google checkout. I intend to set up another account using the Promo Code discount. Is it possible to use the same credit card as was used earlier since DH says i gotta use a different card number???

Thanks for your help.

You might want to carefully read the DreamHost Terms Of Service, especially this part…

[color=#0000CC]“The Customer agrees to hold only one (1) active web hosting service plan at any given time with DreamHost Web Hosting. Signing up for multiple plans is grounds for termination of all additional plans without warning.”[/color]

I don’t know if this policy is actually enforced, but it is worth knowing about it, just in case.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

The account isn’t for me but for someone else. Perhaps using a different credit card should be the remedy i guess?

Arh OK, you should be fine then. I hope you didn’t take my previous post the wrong way, I just didn’t want you to risk your current account over a ‘technicality’.

I know there is a restriction on using the same credit-card if you are paying directly to DreamHost, but I don’t think that restriction applies if you are paying for either account via Google checkout.

I guess the best way to know for sure is to try it and see what happens. I know that in the past if you tried paying for two accounts using the same credit-card (not via Google checkout) you would be presented with the dreaded ‘credit-card already in system’ error.

Of-course, you can always ask DreamHost themselves.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

although the account is not for you, DH will still say credit card is already in the system.

You may want to contact DH to explain your situation or just use another card to sign up new account.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

I don’t think this is the case if the OP uses Google Checkout for payment, as the credit-card will be entered into Google’s secure system, not the regular DreamHost system. I doubt if DreamHost will even be informed of the actual credit-card number.

Mark

agree. I remembered the system did not complain when I paid using paypal (when paypal was still available).

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Correct, if you pay through Google Checkout the credit card is never passed to the seller. Google handles all of it.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]