Google App confusion

I bought two domains recently for a personal portfolio site, (I’m going to redirect the one to the other). I bought them with google apps. I’m using the Cargo platform for the website and I need access to the A Record in order to point to Cargo’s IP. (Found here: http://cargocollective.com/talk/comments.php?DiscussionID=2937) Well logging into my DNS through google Apps bring me to godaddy and it seems like the control panel is limited because the hosting is through dreamhost. Something on godaddy troubleshooting said I need to log into dream host to access the A Records. Only thin is I don’t have a Dreamhost account.

Am I going about this all wrong? I feel like this is a common problem when using google apps, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks much for the help,

If you signed up a hosting plan or purchased a domain from DH, you will have a DH account. You will be asked to enter an email address and password during the sign up, that is your log in of DH panel. You will be able to modify your A record via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> DNS