Google Analytics on Dreamhost

Hi

I have activated Dreamhost analytics on my Joomla site and have a couple of questions.

1. Can I activate advanced analytics like event/goal tracking? (tracking specific button clicks or video views etc.) via Dreamhost and if so is there documentation anywhere on how to do this?

2. I not, and I have to add the code myself into my site, can I keep analytics active through Dreamhost? Or should I turn off analytics in Dreamhost?

3. Or is there a good Joomla analytics plugin that has advanced tracking features? I’m not a very experience programmer.

Thanks, Lorraine

Unfortunately, no. Integrating these analytics is highly dependent on your specific requirements, and on the way your site is designed.

[quote]2. I not, and I have to add the code myself into my site, can I keep analytics active through Dreamhost? Or should I turn off analytics in Dreamhost?

1. Or is there a good Joomla analytics plugin that has advanced tracking features? I’m not a very experience programmer. [/quote]

If your requirements are not too specialized, you may be able to find a Joomla extension which supports them. Advanced Google Analytics looks promising, for instance.

Failing that, you will likely need to find a web developer specializing in Joomla to help you integrate this into your site.

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I did some more digging and reading after I posted this and figured it wasn’t going to be as easy as that :). I found Advanced Google Analytics and thought it looked promising too.