Good

I was thinking getting hosting here and I just wanted to know if dreamhost has good hosting. Alot of my friends have this and so far I am impressed.

I have a few personal sites and several business sites hosted here, and I’ve been around since early 2004. I’ve been delighted with the service, features, and performance.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

For the great offers from DH, the space, the bandwidth, and the price, we are happy here in DH.

You may want to take a look at those webistes listed in DHSOTM. http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/DHSOTM

I won’t say DH is suitable for all websites. But it is suitable for people like us, for people who just want a personal website.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

I’d like to add a couple of things that impress me about DreamHost:

1. They tell it like it is. Industry insiders may not like them telling the truth about overselling, but they do and I appreciate it. If they screw up with an upgrade, they’ll admit to it and do their best to correct the situation as soon as possible. Everyone has problems, not everyone will admit to them. I’ve noticed that even airlines have started telling the truth more often about when your flight is going to leave “We’ll get an update from air traffic control in an hour. That doesn’t mean that we’ll take off in an hour, just that we won’t leave before the hour is up.”
  2. Other sites may offer more (or fewer) one-click installs, but DreamHost offers MediaWiki, which was compelling to me. They also offer a nice wiki themselves with some great technical information on installing software on your dreamhosted site. Plus they’ve actually done a good job of picking the best of class for many of the products!

Plus how can you go wrong with the fantastic promo code offers you can find here on the forums?

Get a free unique IP and $67 off with the promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSMANFREEIP67[/color] or just take $97 off with [color=#CC0000]LENSMAN97[/color]. Click Here

What I really love about Dreamhost is how much control you have over your site here. You have shell access, which pretty much allows you to do anything, and you’re also able to install lots of other goodies, like SVN repositories and such.

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

And the last thing is a vibrant and active community that really does try to help.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to ask your friends for their opinion of DreamHost, assuming you trust their opinions?

…and you might as well get one of your friends to create a promo-code for you to use as well. :wink:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

DAMNIT! Now you’ve ruined it! (j/k)

it would be fair to reward his friends, but we’re all his friends until he choses a promo code.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.