Good Non-Blog Templates

I’ve used Wordpress templates for blogging for three years, but now I’m looking for a simple template (and, I suppose, an associated program) for a very un-complicated website. Is there a good program or template out there which has editable fields for those who are HTML illiterate? I guess I’m looking for a program that is to basic websites what Wordpress is to blogging, one that can be customized if necessary, but can also be uploaded in an FTP program, edited through an online editor, and be ready to go.

Does such a thing exist?

You could look around freecsstemplates.org and see if anything there will work for you.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

The functionality you are looking for sounds like a Content Management System, and there are lots of them out there.

DH has a one-click-install of Joomla and Drupal, both of which are popular CMSs. Both of them also have lots of templates around that you can download and install on your site.

All the suggestions you have gotten are good ones, but no one has yet suggested just using WordPress as a CMS. This seems to me to be a logical possibility for you to consider given your long experience with WordPress.

With the “pages” functionality recently enhanced in the current version of WordPress, you might give that some thought. :slight_smile:

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Thank you guys for all of these wonderful suggestions! I’ve looked at Joomla and Wordpress, and I think one of those will work beautifully! Thank you!